Be Bop Wino Pages

Joan Selects - the complete Joan Selects Collection

Big Ten Inchers - 78rpm rips by El Enmascarado


Attention Mac Users!

Mac users have been experiencing problems in unpacking the WinRAR archives used on this blog. Two solutions have been suggested.

1. Use The Unarchiver - www.theunarchiver.com - see comments on Little Esther Bad Baad Girl post for details.

2. Use Keka - http://www.kekaosx.com/en/ - see comments on Johnny Otis Presents post.

Sunday 3 August 2008

"Story of Love" - The Five Keys on 45, 78 and unissued

Joan sent this great collection of Five Keys mp3s – all from recordings made while they were with Aladdin Records. Many have been ripped from original discs – both 45 rpm and 78 rpm, so, yes, there is some “surface noise”. The bitrate varies, but there is nothing lower than 128 kbps. Beneath the tracklist you’ll find Joan’s explanation of the provenance of each track, although I reckon that track 18 sounds like a 78 rpm rip.

There’s Inkspots influenced ballads and rockin’ jump tunes. The Five Keys were an outstanding R&B group as you can hear by downloading this selection.

Ripped from vinyl, shellac and what-the-heck. Variable bitrates not less than 128 kbps.

Password = greaseyspoon

Download from here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RSWZ59SA

Or here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/134510018/The_Five_Keys_-_Story_Of_Love.rar

1. Yes Sir That's My Baby
2. There Ought To Be A Law (Against Breaking A Heart)
3. If You Only Knew
4. Mistakes
5. White Cliffs Of Dover
6. When You Are Gone
7. (I Don't Stand A) Ghost Of A Chance
8. Yearning
9. Can't Keep From Crying
10. I'm So High
11. Will My Heart Stand A Chance
12. Do I Need You
13. Deep In My Heart
14. Darling
15. Old McDonald
16. Come Go My Bail Louise
17. I Cried For You
18. How Do You Expect Me To Get It
19. My Love
20. Why Oh Why
21. Story Of Love
22. Someday Sweetheart
23. How Long
24. I Hadn't Anyone 'Til You
25. With A Broken Heart
26. Going Downtown (8-9-10)
27. Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me)


Notes:

1 - Yes Sir That's My Baby - Released on Aladdin Single 3118

2 - There Ought to Be A Law (Against Breaking A Heart) - Released on Aladdin Single 3175

3 - If You Only Knew - Unreleased

4 - Mistakes - Released on Aladdin Single 3131

5 - White Cliffs Of Dover - Unreleased

6 - When You're Gone - Unreleased

7 - (I Don't Stand A) Ghost Of A Chance - Unreleased

8 - Yearning - Unreleased

9 - Can't Keep From Crying - Unreleased

10 - I'm So High - Released on Aladdin Single 3204

11 - Will My Heart Stand A Chance - Unreleased

12 - Do I Need You - Unreleased

13 - Deep In My Heart - Released on Aladdin Single 3245

14 - Darling - Released on Aladdin Single 3119

15 - Old McDonald - Released on Aladdin Single 3113

16 - Come Go My Bail Louise - Released on Aladdin Single 3167 From 78 collection

17 - I Cried For you - Released on Aladdin Single 3158 From 78 collection

18 - How Do You Expect Me To Get It - Released on Aladdin Single 3245

19 - My Love - Released on Aladdin Single 3263 From 78 Collection

20 - Why Oh Why - Released on Aladdin Single 3263 From 78 collection

21 - Story Of Love - Released on Aladdin Single 3312

22 - Someday Sweetheart - Released on Aladdin Single 3228

23 - How Long - Released on Aladdin Single 3131

24 - I Hadn't Anyone 'Til You - Released on Aladdin Single 3136

25 - With A Broken Heart - Released on Aladdin Single 3085

26 - Going Downtown (8-9-10) - Unreleased

27 - Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) - Released on Aladdin Single 3175


Listen to "Story of Love":

Get this widget Track details eSnips Social DNA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good. Thanks for all the Five Keys. euclidcreek

Anonymous said...

didn't know them before so what a shock !
this is incredible !
the cover of 'ghost of a chance' !!
many thanks from paris, france.
more vinyl rip is welcome.
you made my day...